Your stay in Texel
We are excited to be working with VVV Texel to help you find travel, accommodation, activities, restaurants and lots more.
Click here to be redirected to their site, where you can explore what the island has to offer and even book your stay!
How to get there
As Texel is an island, the only way to get to it is by ferry, which is operated by TESO. The ferry crossing between Den Helder and Texel takes 20 minutes. During the festival period TESO will ensure a greater number of trips, but bear in mind that you can't reserve a spot ahead of time so it's first come, first served. All tickets from Den Helder to Texel are return tickets.
Monday through Friday
Boats run from Den Helder to Texel every hour on the half hour between 06:30 and 21:30.
Boats run from Texel to Den Helder every hour on the hour from 06:00 to 21:00.
Beginning Saturday, April 11, boats will run every half hour.
Saturday 11 April
Boats run from Den Helder to Texel every half hour on the half hour between 06:30 and 21:30.
Boats run from Texel to Den Helder every half hour on the hour from 06:00 to 21:00.
On Sundays service starts an hour later:
Boats run from Texel to Den Helder every half hour on the hour from 07:00 to 21:00.
Boats run from Den Helder to Texel every half hour on the half hour from 07:30 to 21:30.
TESO ferry timetable
Den Helder to Texel : Wednesday 10 April through Friday 12 April
Den Helder to Texel : Saturday 13 April
Texel to Den Helder : Wednesday 10 April through Friday 12 April
Texel to Den Helder : Saturday 13 April
Texel to Den Helder : Sunday 14 April
- Island setting with good connections to a major airport (Amsterdam) and trains
- Potential for use of local airport on the island
- Local experience with event hosting (Annual air show and music festivals with up to 10.000 visitors)
- Vibrant local business community (900+ small businesses on the island)
- 45.000 tourist beds ranging from up-scale hotels to budget options
- Large amount of potential event venues (cinema, cafes and bars)
- Dedicated and professional local authorities